I offer teaching and training opportunities tailored to the needs of your organisation and service. Please contact me to discuss further *
Areas of expertise include lecturing, leading training/study days, group therapy facilitator, mentoring, care co-ordinator, service improvement and service development consultant.
I have worked as a part-time lecturer at Leeds Beckett University, teaching on MA programmes and Counselling/Psychotherapy courses, offering teaching support to Counselling and inter-personal skills course’s and Counselling/Psychotherapy BACP accredited Diploma.
I also work as a freelance counselling skills tutor – marking and assessing students studying accredited counselling skills courses in community education settings.
As a clinical educator, I managed the education and training portfolio for the department I represented in the NHS.
I have written various training programmes for a broad range of staff and senior hospital management teams to help improve services for patients, carer’s and families.
Some of the training days included: ‘Supporting people after Bereavement and Loss’ ‘Spiritual healthcare’ ‘Cultural Awareness to Improve Access to Services’ ‘Culture and Diversity in Mental Health and Counselling/Psychotherapy’ ‘Managing Chronic Pain’ ‘Managing Stress’ and ‘Working with Diversity and Difference’.
- I have presented lectures and delivered workshops for Bradford Bereavement Support, Martin House Hospice, Prescribing Course at University of Bradford ‘School of Health’ and West Yorkshire Cancer Study day for NHS staff.
- I am a qualified group therapy facilitator and facilitated bereavement support groups.
- Trained and managed volunteer groups in the NHS and for Charities.
- Additionally, I was the first South Asian Health Improvement Practitioner for South Asian Patient’s with MS in Bradford, where I provided support for patients and families newly diagnosed or living with MS, supported Pain Management teams, developed services that were culturally sensitive for MS patients and supported medical staff to improve services for South Asian patients with MS. From the success of this role and my recommendations a similar role was created for Renal Care services.
My work has also branched out to research and development in healthcare and I have been involved in the Born in Bradford research project and contributed to various research studies.
* Fee applicable for initial meeting.
©MARYAM RIAZ 2018.